Recently, many Windows Phone users have been suffering from a sudden Google synchronization error 8007000E, telling something about not having enough memory to synchronize. I got the problem at my Lumia 925 and the error is documented both on other Windows Phone 7.5, 8, and 8.1 smart phones.
Problem SourceThe problem lays at Google contacts synchronization; probably there is an issue with synchronization of contact pictures. The probable reason is incorrect implementation of the synchronization protocol at the default Google account on Windows Phone.
Problem ResolutionThis method is now working only for existing google sync connections. If this does not work for you, try to export the contacts from your google account as .csv and import it to Microsoft Live Contacts (you will loose all the photos.. and some extra information but works for numbers and names).
I do not guarantee this works for you and I do not guarantee this will not cause any problems. Use on your own risk. This solution is based on this discussion and some further research.
To resolve the problem, you need to create a manual google sync account for Google synchronization. Actually, this will only work till Google definitely discontinues this service, what has been planned to the end of 2013. Hopefully, there will be an upgrade for Windows Phone that will solve the issue till that time. (Update: the service has been prolonged, again. Seems the service will remain in operation for existing connections.) If not, I have a backup solution ready that I will publish in the following days (stay tuned ;) )
Follow the below steps.
- Make sure your smart phone is connected to Internet
- Navigate to Settings -> email+accounts
- Remove the existing Google account (if present)
- Tap "add an account"
- Tap "advanced setup"
- Enter your gmail e-mail address
- Enter your gmail password. If you are using Application-specific passwords with your Google account, generate and enter a new Application-specific password
- Tap the "next" button
- Select "Exchange ActiveSync"
- Leave Domain empty
- Enter Server "m.google.com"
- Tap the "sign in" button (optionally set some further options, if needed)
- Wait till the synchronization is finished (this could take up to half an hour if you have many contacts, e-mails, etc.)
- All done :)